Greetings All;

I'm a band new user to MailMan and I have a few quick questions.

1.) Questions On Footer

In a few test messages that I've sent out with MailMan, I notice that
MailMan adds a footer, something like this:

Now in your FAQ, it does give some examples of variables that are used
in order to generate the footer.

My question is, if I want to totally edit the footer and possibly add
let's say a jpeg/gif to it...is this possible? If so, how?

If I want to completely strip out the footer, so it either shows no
information or the footer is not even added...is this possible? If so,
how?

2.) Questions On Members List

Within the MailMan WebUI it allows me to view the Members List. I can
also go to the specific WebUI for each specific Mailing List and view
the member info there.

My question is, is there a way to 'download' or 'export' this
information in plain ascii/text format? Is this information already
kept in a similar format somewhere in the MailMan directories?

FYI, I have a VPS Server running Fedora-Core 2. I have full root/ssh
access as well and I'm utilizing MailMan through the cPanel interface.

Thanks ahead of time!

Joe

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Aug 24, 2005 at 11:26 pm

    Joe Espinoza wrote:
    1.) Questions On Footer

    In a few test messages that I've sent out with MailMan, I notice that
    MailMan adds a footer, something like this:

    Now in your FAQ, it does give some examples of variables that are used
    in order to generate the footer.

    My question is, if I want to totally edit the footer and possibly add
    let's say a jpeg/gif to it...is this possible? If so, how?

    You can't add html tags (actually characters '<', '>' and '&') to the
    footer because these characters are escaped to prevent cross site
    scripting attacks. In any case, the footer is always added to the
    message as plain text so any html or any kind of attachment would not
    be properly rendered in any case.

    If I want to completely strip out the footer, so it either shows no
    information or the footer is not even added...is this possible? If so,
    how?

    Yes. Just go to the list's Non-digest options page, remove the text
    from the msg_footer box and click "Submit Your Changes". Then no
    footer will be added.

    2.) Questions On Members List

    Within the MailMan WebUI it allows me to view the Members List. I can
    also go to the specific WebUI for each specific Mailing List and view
    the member info there.

    My question is, is there a way to 'download' or 'export' this
    information in plain ascii/text format? Is this information already
    kept in a similar format somewhere in the MailMan directories?

    bin/list_members

    See
    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.009.htp
    (not a complete list).

    The membership list is stored as a Python pickle also containing member
    options, list config, etc. in the file lists/<listname>/config.pck.

    FYI, I have a VPS Server running Fedora-Core 2. I have full root/ssh
    access as well and I'm utilizing MailMan through the cPanel interface.

    See http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.011.htp

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedAug 24, '05 at 9:29p
activeAug 24, '05 at 11:26p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Joe Espinoza: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post