Hello,

I have created my own mailman installation on a system I do have root access
on, but already hosts a mailman version and I wanted to run my own.

The group and username I created both are 'vocisml'. The cgi are not
suexeced so every script should be ran as www-data.

I launched configure with these parameters:

./configure --prefix=/home/vocisml/install/mailman --with-groupname=vocisml
--with-username=vocisml --with-cgi-gid=www-data

After this I ran make and make install, ofcourse.

At this point I edited my apacheconfig and mm_cfg.py

apache config:
-----
ScriptAlias /mailman/ /home/vocisml/install/mailman/cgi-bin/
Alias /pipermail/ /home/vocisml/install/mailman/archives/public/
<Directory /home/vocisml/install/mailman/cgi-bin/>
Options +FollowSymlinks +ExecCGI
</Directory>
<Directory /home/vocisml/install/mailman/archives/public/>
Options +Indexes
</Directory>
-----

mm_cfg:
-----
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'voidzero.net <http://voidzero.net>'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'voidzero.net <http://voidzero.net>'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
DEFAULT_ARCHIVE_PRIVATE = 1
ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX = 0
DEFAULT_ARCHIVE_VOLUME_FREQUENCY = 3
DEFAULT_DIGEST_VOLUME_FREQUENCY = 3

MTA = 'Postfix'
-----
Now it was time to edit the postfix configs:
added alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases,
hash:/home/vocisml/install/mailman/data/aliases
-----

I ran check-perms -f and all permissions are good now. I manually changed
all of these scripts
to group www-data. When I su as user www-data and launch the file 'admin'
for example,
all is good. When I visit http://voidzero.net/mailman/admin, or any other
page, I now get a 500 error, with
"Premature end of script headers" in my logs. This is where I'm stuck..

I hope someone wants to help me, thanks a lot..

--
Greetz,

(__) Mark van Dijk, thevoidzero at gmail.com
oo "To swing on a spiral of our divinity and
/\_| still be a human."

Search Discussions

  • Mark van Dijk at Aug 6, 2005 at 10:13 pm
    It seemed to be suexec after all. D'oh!

    Problem solved!

    (__) Mark van Dijk, thevoidzero at gmail.com
    oo "To swing on a spiral of our divinity and
    /\_| still be a human."

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedAug 6, '05 at 1:53p