I am in the process of changing over my mailing list from LetterRip
Pro to Mailman , which is running on my Tiger Server (10.4.2). All
of the list addresses are actually received by my EIMS server which
then forwards mail for that list to the correct server - either LRP
or Mailman. All of that works just fine.

I have the Letter Rip Pro server to only accept mail on the SMTP
Submit Port of 587. By doing that i have stopped any spam getting to
that server directly as all mail for that server goes through the
EIMS box which has filtering on it. My questions is how do I set
Postfix on the OSX box to only receive on the SMTP Submit Port of
587? And then if I do that how do I set Mailman to send to that port
rather than the default SMTP port?

Thanks
David Scribner
BI Consulting

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 22, 2005 at 11:56 pm

    David Scribner wrote:
    My questions is how do I set
    Postfix on the OSX box to only receive on the SMTP Submit Port of
    587? And then if I do that how do I set Mailman to send to that port
    rather than the default SMTP port?
    I don't offhand know the Postfix incantations to tell it on which
    port(s) to listen, but on the Mailman sending side the relevant
    mm_cfg.py variables are SMTPHOST and SMTPPORT - read the descriptions
    in Defaults.py.

  • John Dennis at Jul 23, 2005 at 12:33 am

    Postfix on the OSX box to only receive on the SMTP Submit Port of
    587? And then if I do that how do I set Mailman to send to that port
    rather than the default SMTP port?
    I don't offhand know the Postfix incantations to tell it on which
    port(s) to listen, but on the Mailman sending side the relevant
    mm_cfg.py variables are SMTPHOST and SMTPPORT - read the descriptions
    in Defaults.py.
    Perhaps this will be of help:
    http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story 04122809382235

    --