Is it possible to get a list of all mailing lists with their
respective members and dump this info in one text file?

eg.

list1
user1 at domain.com
user2 at domain.com

list2
user1 at domain.com
user3 at domain.com

etc.

Search Discussions

  • Trevor Cullingsworth at Jul 15, 2005 at 6:48 pm
    Hi James,

    This script should do the trick. It is what I use.

    #!/bin/bash
    #
    #-- list_inquiry.sh
    #
    Mailman_Dir=/usr/lib/mailman
    Script_Output=/tmp/list_inquiry.txt
    #
    #
    #-- Change directory to mailman bin directory
    cd /$Mailman_Dir/bin
    #
    #
    echo "Subscribers of each list in company" > $Script_Output
    echo >> $Script_Output
    #
    #-- Get all list names and put into a for loop
    for mail_lists in `./list_lists -b`
    do
    echo "$mail_lists:" >> $Script_Output

    #-- Get list of members for each list
    ./list_members $mail_lists >> $Script_Output

    echo >> $Script_Output
    echo >> $Script_Output
    done
    #
    #
    #-- End of Script

    Trevor Cullingsworth

    user1 at domain.com
    user2 at domain.com

    list2
    user1 at domain.com
    user3 at domain.com

    etc.

    Security Policy: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.027.htp
  • James at Jul 22, 2005 at 3:25 pm
    Hi Trevor,

    This scripts works wonderfuly! Thank you so much.

    This script should do the trick. It is what I use.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 15, '05 at 6:20p
activeJul 22, '05 at 3:25p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

James: 2 posts Trevor Cullingsworth: 1 post