Why should some digests miss out?

I have members asking where particular digests missed out, and when I
look, there seems to be no reason why they weren't sent (ie, there
WERE messages available to the digest, but it just didn't go. As a
result, my digest members miss 12-20 messages every now and then.

Cheers
Pete Bell, UK (no access to the Mailman installation)

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 5, 2005 at 3:23 pm

    PeteBell wrote:
    Why should some digests miss out?

    I have members asking where particular digests missed out, and when I
    look, there seems to be no reason why they weren't sent (ie, there
    WERE messages available to the digest, but it just didn't go. As a
    result, my digest members miss 12-20 messages every now and then.
    Are they missing or not produced? I.e.,

    Did all or only some digest members not receive them?

    Is there a gap in numbering? I.e., are Vol x, Issue y and Vol x, Issue
    y+2 received, but not Issue y+1, or is it that Vol x, Issue y+1 just
    doesn't come until a day or two later?

    Cheers
    Pete Bell, UK (no access to the Mailman installation)
    Without access to logs, it will be hard to know what's happening.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 5, '05 at 2:13p
activeJun 5, '05 at 3:23p