I've been trying to create a new list in mail man by using the ./newlist command from the bin directory. However, I get the following error each time I try to create the list:

[root at s-ticket bin]# ./newlist
Enter the name of the list: thisisatest
Enter the email of the person running the list: myemail at mydomain.com
Initial thisisatest password:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./newlist", line 219, in ?
main()
File "./newlist", line 160, in main
mlist.Create(listname, owner_mail, pw)
File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 457, in Create
self.InitVars(name, admin, crypted_password)
File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 372, in InitVars
baseclass.InitVars(self)
File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py", line 123, in InitVars
}, mlist=self))
File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 509, in maketext
return findtext(templatefile, dict, raw, lang, mlist)[0]
File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 485, in findtext
raise IOError(errno.ENOENT, 'No template file found', templatefile)
IOError: [Errno 2] No template file found: 'emptyarchive.html'

Any ideas would be extremely useful. I've gone back and run through the config/installation process a few times to no avail. The alias seem to be setup fine and the templates are in their appropriate directories

Search Discussions

  • Postal worker at May 13, 2005 at 7:46 pm
    Mailman's subscription model is list-based, vice user. You go to a
    list-related URL, see everyone subscribed, and enable/disable a user
    on THAT list. To go to another list, you log out and back in..

    I've been asked for the opposite: You go to the management page,
    specify the user name, and see every list that USER is {not}
    subscribed to. You can then add/remove lists from the user's
    portfolio.

    [Obviously, the user changes his/her own, period; the Admin changes anyone...]

    Has anyone seen such an implementation, either as a Mailman mod or
    something else?
  • Brad Knowles at May 13, 2005 at 8:09 pm