I installed the Mailman 2.1.6rc3, and it tested okay. But, messages sent
to previously existing lists all go to /home/mailman/files/shunt, and are
not delivered. Is this a rights problem? I ran check_perms, and it did
not find any errors.

Thanks!

Larry

Search Discussions

  • Tokio Kikuchi at May 6, 2005 at 8:57 pm

    Larry Hansford wrote:

    I installed the Mailman 2.1.6rc3, and it tested okay. But, messages
    sent to previously existing lists all go to /home/mailman/files/shunt,
    and are not delivered. Is this a rights problem? I ran check_perms,
    and it did not find any errors.
    Hi,

    Since 2.1.6rc3 is a really latest version, the answer in FAQ won't be
    applicable.
    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?query=shunt&querytype=simple&casefold=yes&req=search

    Please find the cause of error in the logs/error log and report us. Or,
    you might be able to find fix to this and report us also.

    http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/
  • Larry Hansford at May 7, 2005 at 3:49 am

    I installed the Mailman 2.1.6rc3, and it tested okay. But, messages
    sent to previously existing lists all go to /home/mailman/files/shunt,
    and are not delivered. Is this a rights problem? I ran check_perms,
    and it did not find any errors.
    Hi,

    Since 2.1.6rc3 is a really latest version, the answer in FAQ won't be
    applicable.
    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?query=shunt&querytype=simple&casefold=yes&req=search

    Please find the cause of error in the logs/error log and report us. Or,
    you might be able to find fix to this and report us also.
    I got it working. I upgraded from Python 2.2.3 to Python 2.3.5 and
    reinstalled Mailman, and it began working.

    http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/
  • Brad Knowles at May 7, 2005 at 11:45 am

    I got it working. I upgraded from Python 2.2.3 to Python 2.3.5
    and reinstalled Mailman, and it began working.
    Mailman 2.1.5 required Python 2.3, but in theory this was
    supposed to be fixed in Mailman 2.1.6, easing the restriction back
    down to Python 2.1.

    What was the exact error message you were getting?

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  • Larry Hansford at May 7, 2005 at 2:13 pm