Problem: Mailman won't receive or send posts, and logs indicate a "low
level SMTP error: (7, "No address associated with nodename").

I found a brief discussion of this topic in the archives but a
resolution still hasn't yet been posted that I've seen. Does anyone
have any new information? MM v 2.14 for OS 10.3.x. Thanks.

Andy Skuse

Search Discussions

  • Andy Skuse at May 5, 2005 at 4:13 am

    Problem: Mailman won't receive or send posts, and logs indicate a
    "low
    level SMTP error: (7, "No address associated with nodename").

    I found a brief discussion of this topic in the archives but a
    resolution still hasn't yet been posted that I've seen. Does anyone
    have any new information? MM v 2.14 for OS 10.3.x. Thanks.
    Sounds like an incomplete MTA setup. Can the mailman user send mail
    from the command line?
    Hi Larry,

    I never got to try your suggestion, but I just finished upgrading to
    Mac OS 10.4 Server and the problem was fixed without any extra
    tinkering on my part. Thanks for responding though.

    Andy
    --
    My Homepage
    www.rainycitynights.com