I have a mailing list that just stopped working. Any message sent to it is
bounced back with one line in the email

Message rejected by filter rule match

I don't have any filter rules set in the configuration.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks,
Dean

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 23, 2005 at 1:01 pm

    Dean Martin wrote:
    I have a mailing list that just stopped working. Any message sent to it is
    bounced back with one line in the email

    Message rejected by filter rule match

    I don't have any filter rules set in the configuration.
    Are you sure? This message comes from Mailman/Handlers/SpamDetect.py
    when a spam filter rule with Reject action is matched. I don't think
    it comes from anywhere else.

    Check Privacy options...->Spam filters->header_filter_rules and make
    sure that any rule's action is set to Defer.

  • Heather Madrone at Apr 23, 2005 at 4:42 pm

    I don't have any filter rules set in the configuration.
    Are you sure? This message comes from Mailman/Handlers/SpamDetect.py
    when a spam filter rule with Reject action is matched. I don't think
    it comes from anywhere else.

    Check Privacy options...->Spam filters->header_filter_rules and make
    sure that any rule's action is set to Defer.
    If everything looks okay otherwise, I'd try stopping Mailman and
    then restarting it. Or rebooting, if you have the luxury of bringing
    the server down for a bit.

    --
    Heather Madrone (heather at madrone.com) http://www.madrone.com

    A rolling stone gathers no mass.
  • Fred H Olson at Apr 26, 2005 at 2:26 pm

    is bounced back with one line in the email

    Message rejected by filter rule match

    I don't have any filter rules set in the configuration.
    Are you sure? This message comes from Mailman/Handlers/SpamDetect.py
    when a spam filter rule with Reject action is matched. I don't think
    it comes from anywhere else.

    Check Privacy options...->Spam filters->header_filter_rules and make
    sure that any rule's action is set to Defer.

    --
    Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> The highway is for gamblers,
    This sounds similar to a curiousity I've see twice lately for one