Thanks!

--
Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
Phone: +1 214-351-4152 E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org
US Mail: 3535 Gaspar Drive, Dallas, TX 75220-3611

Search Discussions

  • Jim Tittsler at Apr 18, 2005 at 7:10 am

    On Apr 15, 2005, at 12:22, Larry Rosenman wrote:

    I have 178MEG of bounce-events-* files in my /data directory.

    Should these files be hanging around?
    No. It sounds like either:
    - your bounce queue runner isn't running
    - you've set REGISTER_BOUNCES_EVERY very large, so it hasn't processed
    the accumulated bounces lately
    - the time changed on the server (without restarting mailman) and it
    thinks it is still not time to process the bounces

    I'd be inclined to just delete the old bounces (since some of them may
    be stale by now) and restart Mailman.

    --
    Jim Tittsler http://www.OnJapan.net/ GPG: 0x01159DB6
    Python Starship http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/

    I have 178MEG of bounce-events-* files in my /data directory.

    Should these files be hanging around?
    No. It sounds like either:
    - your bounce queue runner isn't running
    It had been crashing, due to the Python 2.4.* issues. Now fixed.
    - you've set REGISTER_BOUNCES_EVERY very large, so it hasn't processed
    the accumulated bounces lately
    It's set to the default 15 minutes.
    - the time changed on the server (without restarting mailman) and it
    thinks it is still not time to process the bounces
    Just the DST Time Change (it's in US/Eastern).
    I'd be inclined to just delete the old bounces (since some of them may
    be stale by now) and restart Mailman.
    Done, and THANKS!

    --
    Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
    Phone: +1 214-351-4152 E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org
    US Mail: 3535 Gaspar Drive, Dallas, TX 75220-3611
  • Dan D Niles at Apr 18, 2005 at 5:11 pm