I have been trying to get the "Urgent:" header to work and I can't seem
to get it to happen. I can't modify my MUA's headers to add it
directly, so I was attempting to make "Urgent: <listpassword>" the first
line of the message followed by a blank line and then the original body,
which seems to be indicated in a bunch of emails found while searching
this list...

http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users at python.org/msg15961.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users at python.org/msg16405.html

This was simply ignored by Mailman. The message was sent out in tact
with this line to the non-digest recipients and held for the digest
recipients. Don't worry, I'm using a test list...

I made sure that the message was sent in text/plain, no extraneous
characters, the "Urgent: " was the first line of the message, etc.

This is what I received:
<lots of headers...>

Urgent: password

THis is another test
Any hints?

Thanks
Erik Peterson
Education Devleopment Center, Inc.

Search Discussions

  • Tokio Kikuchi at Apr 11, 2005 at 11:49 pm

    Erik Peterson wrote:

    I have been trying to get the "Urgent:" header to work and I can't seem
    to get it to happen. I can't modify my MUA's headers to add it
    directly, so I was attempting to make "Urgent: <listpassword>" the first
    line of the message followed by a blank line and then the original body,
    which seems to be indicated in a bunch of emails found while searching
    this list...

    http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users at python.org/msg15961.html
    http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users at python.org/msg16405.html

    This was simply ignored by Mailman. The message was sent out in tact
    with this line to the non-digest recipients and held for the digest
    recipients. Don't worry, I'm using a test list...

    I made sure that the message was sent in text/plain, no extraneous
    characters, the "Urgent: " was the first line of the message, etc.
    Browsing through the code, it looks like Urgent: is only valid in header
    position. Not supported for the first line in body.

    http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 11, '05 at 5:16p
activeApr 11, '05 at 11:49p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Tokio Kikuchi: 1 post Erik Peterson: 1 post