Sorry to bother everybody with this... I'm new to the list and have
searched the archives, though not exhaustively.

Membership management thru cgi silently fails-- both mass subscriptons
and individual check-box actions like unsubscribe this member. Adding
memebers from command line works fine, and general options thru cgi
work fine. Mailman is configured with (standard) uid/gid mailman
mailman, cgi-group nobody, mail-group postfix. Seems like a command
doesn't have permission to use a necessary resource, but I can't see
what. What am I missing? I know its something dumb, but...

thanks,
larry

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 8, 2005 at 8:51 pm

    larryt at winfirst.com wrote:
    Membership management thru cgi silently fails-- both mass subscriptons
    and individual check-box actions like unsubscribe this member.
    How about other checkbox actions like moderate or digest?
    Adding
    memebers from command line works fine, and general options thru cgi
    work fine.
    What about other admin pages like Digest Options, Non-digest options,
    Privacy options ..., etc.
    Mailman is configured with (standard) uid/gid mailman
    mailman, cgi-group nobody, mail-group postfix. Seems like a command
    doesn't have permission to use a necessary resource, but I can't see
    what. What am I missing? I know its something dumb, but...
    Have you tried bin/check_perms? Have you looked at all the Mailman
    logs, in particular 'error' and 'subscribe'?

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 8, '05 at 12:59p
activeApr 8, '05 at 8:51p