Apache 1.1.31

--
Bruce Baumgart
Bruce.Baumgart at inel.gov
208-526-9318

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 7, 2005 at 4:00 am

    Bruce A Baumgart wrote:
    If I access the list create web page using http://machine/mailman/create,
    list creation fails with "unknown virtual host". It works fine if I
    access it with http://machine.inel.gov/mailman/create. It also looks like
    mailman uses the hostname in the URL to build web pages.

    Our internal users are used to not putting the domainname in the url when
    they access a local machine. I have played some with virtualhost, but
    can;t get it to do what I want. Is there any way to get mailman to make
    hostnames fully qualified when the machine is not accessed that way?

    Solaris 9
    Mailman 2.1.5
    Apache 1.1.31
    If it is acceptable in your environment, the easiest thing is to do
    this with an Apache rewrite rule.

    If you don't have multiple, distinct virtual domains, you can put

    VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = Off

    in mm_cfg.py and Mailman won't check host names.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 6, '05 at 9:31p
activeApr 7, '05 at 4:00a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Bruce A Baumgart: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post