Please see tickets # 182498; 182558; 182775; 182793; 182925; 182931;
182998; 183073; 183090.

I can't send mail to or receive it from my Mailman lists that I have
created.

Here's the details:

I have installed Mailman 2.1.5 via RPM using Postfix as the MTA.

-- I have modified the mm-cfg.py file to use Postfix as the MTA
-- I've restarted Apache
-- run qrunner
-- set my aliases for two lists ("mailman" and "test")
-- set the values for DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and DEFAULT_URL_HOST in
mm_cfg.py file (set to "test.ateec-list.org")
-- started the mailman service
-- otherwise followed the directions at
/usr/share/doc/mailman-2.1.5/INSTALL.REDHAT

I can access via my browser Mailman at all of the following:

http://test.ateec-lists.org/mailman/admin/test
http://64.40.100.147/mailman/admin/test

http://test.ateec-lists.org/mailman/admin/
http://64.40.100.147/mailman/admin/

http://test.ateec-lists.org/mailman/admin/mailman/
http://64.40.100.147/mailman/admin/mailman/

and I have been able to subscribe to the "test" list. However I cannot
send or receive mail from the "Mailman" or "test" listserv. When I
check the log what I see is a lot of "connection refused (port 25)" or
"status=deferred (connect to 64.40.100.147[64.40.100.147]: Connection
refused)".

Messages sent from within the administrative area for the "test" list to
remind myself of the password have simply been queued and contain the
error message stating:

<golson at eicc.edu>: host barracuda.eicc.edu[205.221.78.150] said: 550
<test-bounces at 64.40.100.147>: Sender address rejected: Domain not
found (in
reply to RCPT TO command)

However I can send messages to golson at eicc.edu as member postfix when I
change the "from" heading to test.ateec-lists.org within postfix itself.

Is this perhaps that I have the permissions for Mailman set wrong? Any
help anyone can provide will be appreciated. Thanks!

Gary

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 18, 2005 at 5:23 pm
    Messages sent from within the administrative area for the "test" list to
    remind myself of the password have simply been queued and contain the
    error message stating:

    <golson at eicc.edu>: host barracuda.eicc.edu[205.221.78.150] said: 550
    <test-bounces at 64.40.100.147>: Sender address rejected: Domain not
    found (in
    reply to RCPT TO command)

    However I can send messages to golson at eicc.edu as member postfix when I
    change the "from" heading to test.ateec-lists.org within postfix itself.

    Is this perhaps that I have the permissions for Mailman set wrong? Any
    help anyone can provide will be appreciated. Thanks!
    It looks to me like a Postfix configuration problem, i.e. Mailman is
    sending the mail as it should and Postfix is not accepting it because
    it doesn't like the sender <test-bounces at 64.40.100.147>.

  • Zoran Dzelajlija at Mar 20, 2005 at 12:16 am

    Mark Sapiro wrote:
    It looks to me like a Postfix configuration problem, i.e. Mailman is
    sending the mail as it should and Postfix is not accepting it because
    it doesn't like the sender <test-bounces at 64.40.100.147>.
    Shouldn't that be (as per rfc2821, 4.1.3)?

    Zoran
  • John W. Baxter at Mar 20, 2005 at 12:51 am