I have been posting this message to sf.net first, they said it
should be reported as a bug on Mailman's sf.net project. Done that
but they said it should be posted on the mailing list, so here I am :)

I have installed a news server, but one of the developers
works in a company with very strict internet policy (only
emails, no HTTP or NNTP or anything else ), so I have
set up a mailing list for each news group and configured
them to synchronise with the news groups through mail-
to-news gateway settings in GNU mailman. The problem
is I don't know how often the mail-to-news and news-to-
mail sync occurs. I have sent a message to one of the
news group a hour ago and it didn't showed up on mailing
list yet. Can this time be adjusted ? Because if
the sync time is too big the discussions would not be
possible.

It passed 4 days from then and now I know for sure
that messages from the news groups are not getting to the mailing list.
I have selected both mail-to-news and news-to-mail
all messages posted to the list appears on the news groups,
but nothing posted on the news-groups shows up in the mailing lists.
I am using GNU Mailman from sf.net site.

Hope I'll find a solution soon.

Regards,
Puiu Hrenciuc.

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Mar 15, 2005 at 10:24 am

    is I don't know how often the mail-to-news and news-to-
    mail sync occurs.
    That depends on how often you run the NewsRunner job out of cron.
    By default, that's typically every five minutes.
    I have sent a message to one of the
    news group a hour ago and it didn't showed up on mailing
    list yet.
    You may not be running the NewsRunner job, or your problem may be
    something else. Look at your log files.
    It passed 4 days from then and now I know for sure
    that messages from the news groups are not getting to the mailing list.
    I have selected both mail-to-news and news-to-mail
    all messages posted to the list appears on the news groups,
    but nothing posted on the news-groups shows up in the mailing lists.
    You've got to run the NewsRunner job out of cron.

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  • Puiu @ Xentra at Mar 15, 2005 at 12:06 pm
    Well since the Mailman is installed by SF.NET I don't see how can
    I see the logs, if I write them, they are sending me here :)

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  • Brad Knowles at Mar 15, 2005 at 1:58 pm