on every privat archive. But when filling in the search field and press
search, I only get an empty screen as result. Whats wrong? Hope you can
help =)

Joakim Nomell Phn: +46 70 771 31 00 MSN : joakim at nomell.nu
Unix engineer Fax: +46 70 711 31 00 Web : http://nomell.se

* When seeking love gives nothing, have found love gives all *

Search Discussions

  • George Theall at Mar 12, 2005 at 2:45 pm

    On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 10:40:27AM +0100, Joakim Nomell wrote:

    Hi all. Now I have applied the patch for mailman 1.0.5 and htdig is
    activated.
    Are you sure about that version number???

    Also, this means we've solved the gzip problem, right?
    on every privat archive. But when filling in the search field and press
    search, I only get an empty screen as result.
    Do the webserver logs show anything about the problem?

    You can test whether htsearch itself is working by running from a
    commandline the following:

    /usr/bin/htsearch -c $prefix/archives/htdig/<listname>.conf

    Give it something to search for and answer "short" for the format value.

    George
    theall at tifaware.com
  • Joakim Nomell at Mar 13, 2005 at 4:55 pm

    Hi all. Now I have applied the patch for mailman 1.0.5 and htdig is
    activated.
    Are you sure about that version number???
    Sorry, 2.1.5 :$
    Also, this means we've solved the gzip problem, right?
    Yes. it was named .gz when I downloaded it. After gunzip it was named
    htdig-2.1.5-0.1.patch but file still said that it was a compressed archive
    so I renamed it to gz again and ran gunzip. After that it worked.
    on every privat archive. But when filling in the search field and press
    search, I only get an empty screen as result.
    Do the webserver logs show anything about the problem?

    You can test whether htsearch itself is working by running from a
    commandline the following:

    /usr/bin/htsearch -c $prefix/archives/htdig/<listname>.conf

    Give it something to search for and answer "short" for the format value.
    Nothing in the webserverlog but the comandline test gave no output at all:

    [root at jajja mailman-2.1.5]# /usr/bin/htsearch -c
    /prod/mailman/archives/private/si
    s/htdig/sis.conf
    Enter value for words: ledarhund
    Enter value for format: short

    [root at jajja mailman-2.1.5]#

    The htdig cron event has scanned the archive and all files are there:
    [root at jajja htdig]# ls -l
    total 122064
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 mailman mailman 5554176 Mar 13 13:46 db.docdb
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 mailman mailman 1351680 Mar 13 13:46 db.docs.index
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 mailman mailman 84451328 Mar 13 13:46 db.excerpts
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 mailman mailman 35179520 Mar 13 13:49 db.words.db
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 mailman mailman 16384 Mar 13 13:46
    db.words.db_weakcmpr
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 mailman mailman 0 Mar 13 13:49 rundig_last_run
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 mailman mailman 3805 Mar 12 11:14 sis.conf

    Joakim Nomell Phn: +46 70 771 31 00 MSN : joakim at nomell.nu
    Unix engineer Fax: +46 70 711 31 00 Web : http://nomell.se

    * When seeking love gives nothing, have found love gives all *
  • George Theall at Mar 14, 2005 at 12:06 pm