Hi All,

I have a very simple question that I'm sure is covered somewhere in the
docs, but I have yet to find it. What I want to do is grab the subscribers
for one of our mailman lists - either through the web interface, or using
email commands. The list is hosted on a shared server, and I don't have
access to the command line scripts, so I need to do it one of those two ways
(unless I am mistaken about something?).

The reason being that we are moving from one shared server to another, and
we want to grab all the subscribers from the list hosted on the old server,
and mass subscribe them to the list hosted on the new server.

Any help? I know this must be doable since there is even an option to
control who is able to see the subscriber list. But I can't figure out how
exactly to actually *see* the list in an format that will allow me to grab
all the addesses (not just starting with a particular letter).

Sincerely,
-Josh

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 12, 2005 at 4:41 am

    Joshua Beall wrote:
    I have a very simple question that I'm sure is covered somewhere in the
    docs, but I have yet to find it. What I want to do is grab the subscribers
    for one of our mailman lists - either through the web interface, or using
    email commands. The list is hosted on a shared server, and I don't have
    access to the command line scripts, so I need to do it one of those two ways
    (unless I am mistaken about something?).
    Send a blank e-mail with subject "help" (without the quotes) to your
    listname-request at ... address to get the form of the "who" command.

    Or visit the roster from the listinfo page or directly at something
    like http://www.example.com/mailman/roster/<listname>

    Both these methods will *not* show members who've opted to be excluded
    from these lists.

    To get all the members in one list without command line access, you
    have to script the web interface. See
    http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/#throughtheweb for an
    example script.

  • Joshua Beall at Mar 12, 2005 at 5:02 am