Hi

I have a list running for those interested in Swedish genealogy. I
started it in 1996 an most recently have been running it on Mailman.
Last month, I changed vendors and was very proud of myself for being
able to get Mailman and the list running again.

However, I seem to have a problem with subscribers with 'at att.com'
addresses. They tell me they are no longer getting any messages.

I do not know much about this stuff and don't even know where to look
for an explanation let along a fix.

Can anyone help?

Kind regards

Dave Wahlstrom

--
daw

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 5, 2005 at 7:18 pm

    Prof DA Wahlstrom wrote:
    I have a list running for those interested in Swedish genealogy. I
    started it in 1996 an most recently have been running it on Mailman.
    Last month, I changed vendors and was very proud of myself for being
    able to get Mailman and the list running again.

    However, I seem to have a problem with subscribers with 'at att.com'
    addresses. They tell me they are no longer getting any messages.

    I do not know much about this stuff and don't even know where to look
    for an explanation let along a fix.
    One likely possibility is att.com is blocking mail from your new host.
    See
    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.042.htp
    which is primarily about AOL but has relevant information.

    A less likely possibility is some kind of connectivity problem between
    your new host and att.com. Check Mailman's 'bounce' log to see if
    there are any bounces from these addresses (assuming bounce processing
    is turned on).

  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 5, 2005 at 9:50 pm

    Mark Sapiro wrote:
    Prof DA Wahlstrom wrote:
    However, I seem to have a problem with subscribers with 'at att.com'
    addresses. They tell me they are no longer getting any messages.
    One other thought. Do you mean attbi.com rather than att.com? If so,
    the issue is that attbi.com was taken over by comcast.net some time
    ago. All addresses should have been changed from the attbi.com domain
    to the comcast.net domain, but the attbi.com addresses continued to
    work until 2 months ago. They are no longer valid and need to be
    changed to comcast.net addresses.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMar 3, '05 at 11:08p