Hi. First off, thanks for creating the program for sending out emails. Lately I'm having a problem, though. I estimate that about 75% of the people on my list (I have just over 800 email addresses) do not get the emails, and I have no idea why.

Could you give me any direction here? And please be aware that I am not tech savvy.
Thanks,
CRGoodwin
www.goodwinart.com
www.cafepress.com/goodwinart
202.413.2944

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Feb 19, 2005 at 2:50 am

    CHRISTOPHER GOODWIN wrote:
    Hi. First off, thanks for creating the program for sending out emails. Lately I'm having a problem, though. I estimate that about 75% of the people on my list (I have just over 800 email addresses) do not get the emails, and I have no idea why.

    Could you give me any direction here? And please be aware that I am not tech savvy.
    There is a FAQ article at
    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.042.htp
    that may help.

    Other than that, you have to look at Mailman's 'post', 'smtp' and
    'smtp-failure' logs to determine that all the posts are being
    delivered from Mailman to the outgoing SMTP server, and then you have
    to look in it's logs to see if all the mail is getting out from there.
    You may need help with this from your site or hosting service
    personnel.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedFeb 16, '05 at 4:53p