I recently upgraded (*not* a fresh install) from Fedora 2 to Fedora 3.
Seems as though everything came over OK except my Mailman is messed up now.
Emails to my list are not being distributed and when I go to the mailman
listinfo page it says I have no lists, when I had three. Only one of these
was actually in use, but anyone know what FC3 might have done to change
things?

Thanks,
SC

Search Discussions

  • John Dennis at Feb 16, 2005 at 3:14 pm

    I recently upgraded (*not* a fresh install) from Fedora 2 to
    Fedora 3.
    Seems as though everything came over OK except my Mailman is
    messed up now.
    Emails to my list are not being distributed and when I go to
    the mailman listinfo page it says I have no lists, when I had
    three. Only one of these was actually in use, but anyone
    know what FC3 might have done to change things?
    FC3 relocated the installation directories for mailman to be FHS compliant
    and allow better integration with SELinux, this is documented in
    /usr/share/doc/mailman-*/INSTALL.REDHAT and it explains the directories you
    need to move if you are trying to overlay a new release on an old release
    and want to preserve a previous installation.

    --
    John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>
  • Scot Condry at Feb 17, 2005 at 4:47 am

    SC

    I recently upgraded (*not* a fresh install) from Fedora 2 to
    Fedora 3.
    Seems as though everything came over OK except my Mailman is
    messed up now.
    Emails to my list are not being distributed and when I go to
    the mailman listinfo page it says I have no lists, when I had
    three. Only one of these was actually in use, but anyone
    know what FC3 might have done to change things?
    FC3 relocated the installation directories for mailman to be FHS compliant
    and allow better integration with SELinux, this is documented in
    /usr/share/doc/mailman-*/INSTALL.REDHAT and it explains the directories you
    need to move if you are trying to overlay a new release on an old release
    and want to preserve a previous installation.

    --
    John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>
  • John Dennis at Feb 17, 2005 at 6:02 am

    Scot Condry wrote:
    Thanks. That got me in the right direction that I got mailman working again
    and postfix needed to know where the aliases had moved to. But now I have
    created a new list named the same as the old list and it is working. But I
    would like to move all the old users, password, archives etc. to the new
    directories. Is that possible?
    If you copy the following 3 directories you should pick up your old list
    and member data.

    /var/mailman/archives --> /var/lib/mailman/archives
    /var/mailman/data --> /var/lib/mailman/data
    /var/mailman/lists --> /var/lib/mailman/lists

    You may also want to copy over the pending queue files:

    /var/mailman/qfiles --> /var/spool/mailman

    --
    John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>
  • Scot condry at Feb 17, 2005 at 5:57 pm

    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access
    /pipermail/leveebreak/2005-January/thread.html on this server.

    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an
    ErrorDocument to handle the request.

    Is this a permissions problem?

    SC

    Thanks. That got me in the right direction that I got mailman working
    again
    and postfix needed to know where the aliases had moved to. But now I have
    created a new list named the same as the old list and it is working. But
    would like to move all the old users, password, archives etc. to the new
    directories. Is that possible?
    If you copy the following 3 directories you should pick up your old list
    and member data.

    /var/mailman/archives --> /var/lib/mailman/archives
    /var/mailman/data --> /var/lib/mailman/data
    /var/mailman/lists --> /var/lib/mailman/lists

    You may also want to copy over the pending queue files:

    /var/mailman/qfiles --> /var/spool/mailman

    --
    John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>
  • Scot condry at Feb 17, 2005 at 9:12 pm
    OK the list is working and the web interface is only hald working. I can
    figure that out in time. Thanks for your help!

    SC

    Searchable Archives:
    Unsubscribe:
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/scotcondry%40hotmail.com

    Security Policy:

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedFeb 16, '05 at 12:34a
activeFeb 17, '05 at 9:12p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Scot condry: 4 posts John Dennis: 2 posts