Hello,

I have a problem with one of my mailman mailing lists. When someone trys to send an email to that list exim will create a couple of processes sending the emails to the mailinglist members. Two of these processes will stay alive for approx. 2 minutes and run at 100% CPU usage. Sometimes it almost kills the server. I've been trying to move this account to another server but it has the same problem there. I did also reinstall Exim and mailman without success so I guess it must be a problem with the settings I am using or something - however, this mailing list uses the same settings as my other mailing lists and is the only list with these problems. Even if you kill the exim process and then try to send the message again from the exim mailing queue it will load for 2 minutes before it does anything. Exim does not have any problems with any other emails...this happens only with emails from this mailing list. It doesn`t happen from other mailman mailing lists - only with this one.

The list has around 250 subscribers and receives around 50 emails per day.

- Mailman 2.1.5
- Fedora Core 1, WHM/Cpanel 9.9.9
- Exim 4

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Sebastian Ohr

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Jan 25, 2005 at 8:27 am