Hi All,

Newbie question

Is there a way to make a global edit to the list signature (the part I
want to edit comes at the very end of each message, the part about
getting a password reminder, unsubscribing, etc.)? I've taken over the
management of several list and I'd like to change the email address to
mine -- on all the list. I have looked in the templates directory and
the administrative interface but I don't see a way to change the email
address.

Thanks in advance.

--John

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 25, 2005 at 6:00 pm

    John T. Jones wrote:
    Is there a way to make a global edit to the list signature (the part I
    want to edit comes at the very end of each message, the part about
    getting a password reminder, unsubscribing, etc.)? I've taken over the
    management of several list and I'd like to change the email address to
    mine -- on all the list. I have looked in the templates directory and
    the administrative interface but I don't see a way to change the email
    address.
    If what you are talking about is the stuff that looks like this

    on posts from this list, it's in the administrative interface. It is
    msg_footer and digest_footer found respectively on the admin
    Non-digest options and Digest options pages.

    It might be preferable to put <listname>-owner at ... or maybe
    (where <listname> and <site-list> are the actual
    names) or maybe %(list_name)s-owner@%(host_name)s instead of your own
    e-mail address. That way, when changes are made to owner or moderator,
    the new addresses will get the mail without changing the footer again.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 25, '05 at 5:26p
activeJan 25, '05 at 6:00p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post John T. Jones: 1 post