We setting up an internal faq database using Mailman. Problem is that
Mailman includes "Next message" and "Previous message" info in the
message text. Thus when we search (using htDig) we get spurious hits
from the included "next" and "previous" message texts.

We don't need the "next" and "previous" text and would like not to add
it. Is there a way to do this?

Rob S

Search Discussions

  • Todd Slater at Jan 17, 2005 at 4:37 pm

    We setting up an internal faq database using Mailman. Problem is that
    Mailman includes "Next message" and "Previous message" info in the
    message text. Thus when we search (using htDig) we get spurious hits
    from the included "next" and "previous" message texts.

    We don't need the "next" and "previous" text and would like not to add
    it. Is there a way to do this?
    Rob,

    You can modify the templates used to generate the archives. I use the
    default Pipermail for archiving and Namazu for search so I can't say if
    there's any difference if you're using MHonarc...

    Anyway, search the FAQ for "templates" or "modify templates" and you'll
    find how to do it.

    Todd
  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 17, 2005 at 8:37 pm

    Rob Smith wrote:
    We setting up an internal faq database using Mailman. Problem is that
    Mailman includes "Next message" and "Previous message" info in the
    message text. Thus when we search (using htDig) we get spurious hits
    from the included "next" and "previous" message texts.

    We don't need the "next" and "previous" text and would like not to add
    it. Is there a way to do this?
    Another reply points you at the FAQ about changing the templates which
    may help.

    There is also a patch for this issue at
    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?funcÞtail&aidD4879&group_id3&atid00103

groupmailman-users @