I've seen this problem referenced in the archives but no solutions
given. I'm upgrading from 2.1.2 to 2.1.5 on a FreeBSD box. I keep
getting this:

Updating Usenet watermarks
- nothing to update here
Nothing to do.
updating old qfiles
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "bin/update", line 780, in ?
errors = main()
File "bin/update", line 709, in main
update_qfiles()
File "bin/update", line 441, in update_qfiles
msg, data = dequeue(filebase)
File "bin/update", line 497, in dequeue
msg = cPickle.load(msgfp)
EOFError
*** Error code 1

My Mailman is critical; please help.

Lynn S.

------
Lynn Siprelle * web developer, writer, mama, fiber junky
http://www.siprelle.com * http://www.thenewhomemaker.com
http://www.democracyfororegon.com * http://www.knitting911.net

Search Discussions

  • Tokio Kikuchi at Jan 13, 2005 at 12:08 am

    Lynn Siprelle wrote:
    I've seen this problem referenced in the archives but no solutions
    given. I'm upgrading from 2.1.2 to 2.1.5 on a FreeBSD box. I keep
    getting this:

    Updating Usenet watermarks
    - nothing to update here
    Nothing to do.
    updating old qfiles
    I guess some bad message is in the qfiles directory.
    Try save (or delete) files in qfiles/* and re-run update.
    Make sure that mailman qrunners are stopped.

    http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/
  • Lynn Siprelle at Jan 13, 2005 at 12:34 am

    Lynn Siprelle wrote:
    I've seen this problem referenced in the archives but no solutions
    given. I'm upgrading from 2.1.2 to 2.1.5 on a FreeBSD box. I keep
    getting this:
    Updating Usenet watermarks
    - nothing to update here
    Nothing to do.
    updating old qfiles
    I guess some bad message is in the qfiles directory.
    Try save (or delete) files in qfiles/* and re-run update.
    Make sure that mailman qrunners are stopped.
    Arigato, Kikuchi-san, that seems to have done the trick. :) Now I have
    new problems but that's another search.

    Lynn S.

    ------
    Lynn Siprelle * web developer, writer, mama, fiber junky
    http://www.siprelle.com * http://www.thenewhomemaker.com
    http://www.democracyfororegon.com * http://www.knitting911.net

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 12, '05 at 11:35p
activeJan 13, '05 at 12:34a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Lynn Siprelle: 2 posts Tokio Kikuchi: 1 post