Hi Mailman Users: I maintain an open-source tool called TestMaker. I
use MailMan 2.1.4 with Postfix. Over the years I have received messages
from new users complaining that after they subscribe to a list they get
rejection notices from Mailman when they go to post to a list. What
steps should I take to resolve these complaints?

-Frank

---
Frank Cohen, PushToTest, http://www.PushToTest.com, phone: 408 374 7426
Author of "Java Testing and Design: From Unit Tests to Automated Web
Tests"
from Prentice Hall, details at http://thebook.pushtotest.com

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 6, 2005 at 1:20 am

    Frank Cohen wrote:
    Hi Mailman Users: I maintain an open-source tool called TestMaker. I
    use MailMan 2.1.4 with Postfix. Over the years I have received messages
    from new users complaining that after they subscribe to a list they get
    rejection notices from Mailman when they go to post to a list. What
    steps should I take to resolve these complaints?
    First get a copy of the reject notice and see what the reject reason is.

    Lots of things can do this. For example:

    default_member_moderation is Yes and member_moderation_action is Reject.

    membership is validated on envelope sender (USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER = Yes
    in mm_cfg.py) and the envelope sender is not equal to the subscribed
    address.

    Other possibilities too. Too many to guess without at least knowing the
    reject reason.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 5, '05 at 5:52p