I'm running the Debian Stable package of GNU Mailman. Public archives work;
however private archives require endless authentication. After the first
authentication I see the table showing all the months of messages, clicking on
any entry brings up the authentication page again. This occurs with either the
master-site password or a regular list subscriber.

Cookies are being set properly.

Background: (complicated, probably related...)
The server was installed with Debian Stable around Aug 02 and has been kept
patched. In late Nov 04, we tried upgrading to Debian Testing; security issues
however, forced us to rollback to Debian Stable and restore from backups.

I had to fix several permissions immediately have the restore, but most
everything seemed to work -- the mailing lists were back up, new subscriptions
worked, moderation of postings worked, etc. However there is the
abovementioned problem with the private list archives.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Eric

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Jan 4, 2005 at 12:02 am