FAQ
Hello all:

I setup mailman 2.1.5 on Debian woody and postfix 2.1.5. Now here is
the problem. I can send post to a mailing list as long as I'm within my
network. But when I use my gmail and yahoo email account, I can't send
any posts. I looked at the logs for the incoming mail servers and don't
see any traffic hitting the incoming MX's. I also don't see any traffic
hitting the listserv. Note, mailman works when I'm using an account
from my organization, But when I use an account outside my
organization. No mail is being sent. Again, there is no traffic on the
incoming MX's or the listserv. Is this a problem with our mail servers
blocking account not coming from our domain? Also, we have an old
mailman(version 2.1.1) listserv runnning on redhat and postfix 1.1.11.
This listserver has no problem honoring post coming from domains outside
our organization. Furthermore, I looked in the mailman log and saw the
following error message: Dec 19 09:15:02 2004 (1221) Warning: unable to
setgroups([1004]). Lastly my configure options are below.

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mailman --with-cgi-gid=www-data
--with-python=/usr/bin/python2.1 --with-groupname=mailman
--with-mail-gid=mailman





Ezra Taylor

Search Discussions

  • Bob McLeran at Dec 20, 2004 at 1:06 am
    Using the administrative pages, the Non-Digest options sections, the
    last item on the page is "Footer added to mail sent to regular list
    members." I want to add a footer containing the & character as part of
    the text, but when I put the ampersand (&) in the footer text, it
    doesn't display - in fact it displays"&amp" and some other characters.

    How do I get the ampersand to display properly in the text?

    Bob
    Listmeister for T&T List using MailMan
  • Sythos at Dec 20, 2004 at 12:12 pm

    On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 08:06:00PM -0500, Bob McLeran wrote:
    the text, but when I put the ampersand (&) in the footer text, it
    doesn't display - in fact it displays"&amp" and some other characters.
    How do I get the ampersand to display properly in the text?
    Try to escape it

    Regards
    Sythos

    --

    Sythos - http://www.sythos.net
    () ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against html/rtf/vCard in mail
    /\ - against M$ attachments
  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 20, 2004 at 7:59 pm

    Bob McLeran wrote:
    Using the administrative pages, the Non-Digest options sections, the
    last item on the page is "Footer added to mail sent to regular list
    members." I want to add a footer containing the & character as part of
    the text, but when I put the ampersand (&) in the footer text, it
    doesn't display - in fact it displays"&amp" and some other characters.
    Text entries on the admin pages are processed through cgi.escape()
    which converts "<", ">" and "&" to "&lt;", "&gt;" and "&amp;"
    respectively. This is done to prevent a malicious list owner from
    including HTML scripts in text which is ultimately rendered on web
    pages including the admin pages themselves.
    How do I get the ampersand to display properly in the text?
    You can use bin/config_list or bin/withlist to replace msg_footer with
    the text you want.

    --
    Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan
  • Sythos at Dec 20, 2004 at 12:12 pm

    On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 06:43:03PM -0500, Ezra Taylor wrote:
    organization. No mail is being sent. Again, there is no traffic on the
    incoming MX's or the listserv. Is this a problem with our mail servers
    blocking account not coming from our domain? Also, we have an old
    This propably a postfix trouble, not mailman one, check mynetwork &
    mydomain setting in main.cf
    Other problem are conseguentially generated from first (high probably)

    Regards
    Sythos

    --

    Sythos - http://www.sythos.net
    () ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against html/rtf/vCard in mail
    /\ - against M$ attachments

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 19, '04 at 11:43p
activeDec 20, '04 at 7:59p
posts5
users4
websitelist.org

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase