I have problems to find the answer to this question:

how can I discard messages that were posted to the 'mailman' list? When
I visit the URL in the message with subject "30 Mailman moderator
request(s) waiting", which ends in

/mailman/admindb/mailman, I'm being redirected to the listinfo page. Is
there a command line tool for this?

Thank you,

Arjen van Drie.

Search Discussions

  • Jim Tittsler at Dec 1, 2004 at 8:49 am

    arjen van drie wrote:
    how can I discard messages that were posted to the 'mailman' list? When
    I visit the URL in the message with subject "30 Mailman moderator
    request(s) waiting", which ends in
    You may want to at least glance through the messages in there, since
    that is where users send messages when they are having trouble with the
    server. (Or set it so that messages from non-members are not held, but
    accepted.)
    /mailman/admindb/mailman, I'm being redirected to the listinfo page. Is
    there a command line tool for this?
    It sounds like you have an Apache rewrite rule that is matching too
    generously. If you want to use a rewrite rule to redirect visitors to
    http://www.example.com/mailman on to the listinfo page, make sure it
    doesn't also match /mailman/admindb/mailman. Try something like:

  • Arjen van drie at Dec 1, 2004 at 9:15 am

    Jim Tittsler wrote:

    arjen van drie wrote:
    how can I discard messages that were posted to the 'mailman' list?
    When I visit the URL in the message with subject "30 Mailman
    moderator request(s) waiting", which ends in

    You may want to at least glance through the messages in there, since
    that is where users send messages when they are having trouble with
    the server. (Or set it so that messages from non-members are not
    held, but accepted.)
    /mailman/admindb/mailman, I'm being redirected to the listinfo page.
    Is there a command line tool for this?

    It sounds like you have an Apache rewrite rule that is matching too
    generously. If you want to use a rewrite rule to redirect visitors to
    http://www.example.com/mailman on to the listinfo page, make sure it
    doesn't also match /mailman/admindb/mailman. Try something like:

    Of course, I never thought of this, I was looking at mailman internals,
    not at the webserver that handles the URLs. Thanks a lot, it works now.

    Arjen.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 1, '04 at 8:34a
activeDec 1, '04 at 9:15a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Arjen van drie: 2 posts Jim Tittsler: 1 post