Doug Stewart
Systems Administrator/Web Applications Developer
Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Labs
dstewart at atl.lmco.com

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Nov 30, 2004 at 3:34 am

    Doug Stewart wrote:
    This might be a bit of an odd question (and one whose answer that I
    haven't been able to come across in the archives) but I need to support
    two CPU architectures with Mailman, with the bin scripts compiled on a
    Sparc and the CGI stuff compiled for x86.

    The webserver runs Linux and the mail server runs Solaris.
    The scripts aren't an issue because they're compiled by Python on the
    fly. It's the wrappers that would be the issue - cgi-wrapper.c and
    mail-wrapper.c.

    By far the easiest way to address this is to just set up a web server
    for Mailman only on the Sparc (or set up an MTA for Mailman only on
    the x86) and run everything there. This avoids all the NFS
    complications and allows having Python on only the one machine if
    that's a concern.

    For some other ideas, see the thread "mailman on 2 servers" beginning
    at
    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-November/040571.html

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 30, '04 at 1:58a
activeNov 30, '04 at 3:34a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Doug Stewart: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post