Hi all, is there anyway to avoid account disable/remove by bounce processing
based on domains?

This is, we have announcement lists and some of our users have autorespond
messages and get disabled/removed from the lists, we want to avoid bounce
processing for our domain.

Thank you

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Nov 10, 2004 at 1:59 am

    Alexis wrote:
    Hi all, is there anyway to avoid account disable/remove by bounce processing
    based on domains?

    This is, we have announcement lists and some of our users have autorespond
    messages and get disabled/removed from the lists, we want to avoid bounce
    processing for our domain.
    I'm confused.

    Your post yesterday said:
    Hi all, is there any way to prevent some domains to be disabled/removed by
    bounce processing?
    I thought this and your first paragraph above ask about not processing
    bounces from specific members domains.

    Your second paragraph above seems to ask about disabling bounce
    processing for entire lists.

    This latter is easy to do by list, just set bounce_processing to "No"
    on the list's Bounce Processing page.

    However, a list member's autoresponder normally doesn't result in a
    recognized bounce. Are you sure that's the issue?

  • John W. Baxter at Nov 10, 2004 at 9:27 pm

    However, a list member's autoresponder normally doesn't result in a
    recognized bounce. Are you sure that's the issue?
    People are remarkably creative in the making of broken autoresponders.

    --John
  • Alexis at Nov 10, 2004 at 9:37 pm
    hahaha, this is true.

    In this case is the default autorespond program for qmail. I've not modified
    anything (yet if I found that this is the problem of the bounces)