I installed and configured Mailman. Then according to the install guide
I created the initial mailman list using:

./bin/newlist mailman

Then I started the daemon and checked it was running.

I'm trying to subscribe myself to the inital mailman list, as it says in
the install guide, but when I click on the list either on the "mailing
lists" page or the "list admin overview" page nothing happens.

I've created a test list and it seems to work OK so the installation
seems to be fine.

How do I subscribe to the initial mailman mailing list.

Regards,

Tony
--

Tony Molloy.

Dept. of Comp. Sci.
University of Limerick

Search Discussions

  • Jon Krause at Nov 5, 2004 at 2:15 pm
    From: "Tony Molloy"
    :
[...]
    : --
    :
    :
    : Tony Molloy.
    :
    : Dept. of Comp. Sci.
    : University of Limerick

    Tony, append the admin URL with the listname (in your example: /mailman
    Full URL might read: http://lists.tonysdomain.edu/admin/tonyslistname ).
    Since you have not made your list "public" you need to go directly to it to
    view admin options, membership options, etc.

    Best, Jon
  • Mark Sapiro at Nov 5, 2004 at 3:30 pm

    Tony Molloy wrote:
    I installed and configured Mailman. Then according to the install guide
    I created the initial mailman list using:

    ./bin/newlist mailman

    Then I started the daemon and checked it was running.

    I'm trying to subscribe myself to the inital mailman list, as it says in
    the install guide, but when I click on the list either on the "mailing
    lists" page or the "list admin overview" page nothing happens.
    The problem is the recommended rewrite rule for Apache is too agressive.

    You probably have something like

    or something equivalent if your web server is not Apache.

    The pattern should be anchored. I.e.

    The workaround before you change your Apache config is to append
    something to the URL you use or modify it in some other way that the
    cgi script ignores. E.g. instead of trying to go to

    go to

    or to