I'm trying to manually start mailman by typing the following command
(while in the /usr/local/mailman directory)

bin/mailmanctl start

I get the following error:
Site list is missing: mailman

Also, when I try to get to any of the cgi's in the cgi-bin directory
through my web browser I keep getting:

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.5

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 63, in run_main
from Mailman.Logging.StampedLogger import StampedLogger
File "/usr/local/mailmman/Mailman/Logging/StampedLogger.py", line 18,
in ?
import time
ImportError: ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/python: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open
failed: No such file or directory

I'm running this on a new Sun Solaris 9 build, with Postfix 2.1.5 and
Python 2.3.4

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Layne Meier

Search Discussions

  • Jim Tittsler at Oct 29, 2004 at 1:30 am

    It looks like you forgot to create the 'mailman' site list.
    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.025.htp
    Traceback:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 63, in run_main
    from Mailman.Logging.StampedLogger import StampedLogger
    File "/usr/local/mailmman/Mailman/Logging/StampedLogger.py", line
    18, in ?
    import time
    ImportError: ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/python: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1:
    open failed: No such file or directory
    This looks like an error in your Python installation (as if it has been
    built with GCC, but is missing the library). If you start python by
    itself and do 'import time' do you get the same error?

    --
    Jim Tittsler http://www.OnJapan.net/ GPG: 0x01159DB6
    Python Starship http://Starship.Python.net/

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 28, '04 at 4:52p
activeOct 29, '04 at 1:30a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Layne Meier: 1 post Jim Tittsler: 1 post