Hi All,

I'm trying to write a script where I can change the
default_member_moderation and accept-these_nonmembers objects, after a
new Mailman list is created automatically by a cron process. I've been
able to change the "default_member_moderation" as planned, but the
"accept_these_nonmembers" object I'm having troubles with. When I try
to add an email address, it shows up in the configuration like this:
@
.

How can I get the whole thing on one line. There's my python code

import sys
#Run this script with
#withlist -l -r change_values mylist
#
def change_values(mlist):
print 'LIST ', mlist.internal_name()
print ' Default Member Moderation Before: ',
mlist.default_member_moderation
print ' Accepted Non Members Before: ', mlist.accept_these_nonmembers
mlist.default_member_moderation = 1
mlist.accept_these_nonmembers = "root at mm.isu.edu'
print ' Default Member Moderation After: ',
mlist.default_member_moderation
print ' Accepted Non Members After: ', mlist.accept_these_nonmembers
mlist.Save()

The reason why I'm doing this is these lists have a different
configuration setup than what's in a default list that's setup with the
standard configuration in mm_cfg.py

--
Kory Wheatley
Academic Computing Analyst Sr.

Search Discussions

  • Jim Tittsler at Sep 30, 2004 at 4:52 am

    but the "accept_these_nonmembers" object I'm having troubles with.
    When I try to add an email address, it shows up in the configuration
    like this:
    @
    .

    How can I get the whole thing on one line. There's my python code

    import sys
    #Run this script with
    #withlist -l -r change_values mylist
    # def change_values(mlist):
    print 'LIST ', mlist.internal_name()
    print ' Default Member Moderation Before: ',
    mlist.default_member_moderation
    print ' Accepted Non Members Before: ',
    mlist.accept_these_nonmembers
    mlist.default_member_moderation = 1
    mlist.accept_these_nonmembers = "root at mm.isu.edu'
    accept_these_nonmembers is a list, not a simple string. To add an
    entry:
    mlist.accept_these_nonmembers.append("root at mm.isu.edu")
    or, if you are trying to (re)set it:
    mlist.accept_these_nonmembers = ["root at mm.isu.edu"]

    --
    Jim Tittsler http://www.OnJapan.net/ GPG: 0x01159DB6
    Python Starship http://Starship.Python.net/

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedSep 28, '04 at 8:58p
activeSep 30, '04 at 4:52a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Kory Wheatley: 1 post Jim Tittsler: 1 post