I'm trying to write a script where I can change the
default_member_moderation and accept-these_nonmembers objects, after a
new Mailman list is created automatically by a cron process. I've been
able to change the "default_member_moderation" as planned, but the
"accept_these_nonmembers" object I'm having troubles with. When I try
to add an email address, it shows up in the configuration like this:
@
.

How can I get the whole thing on one line. There's my python code

import sys
#Run this script with
#withlist -l -r change_values mylist
#
def change_values(mlist):
print 'LIST ', mlist.internal_name()
print ' Default Member Moderation Before: ',
mlist.default_member_moderation
print ' Accepted Non Members Before: ', mlist.accept_these_nonmembers
mlist.default_member_moderation = 1
mlist.accept_these_nonmembers = "root at mm.isu.edu'
print ' Default Member Moderation After: ',
mlist.default_member_moderation
print ' Accepted Non Members After: ', mlist.accept_these_nonmembers
mlist.Save()

The reason why I'm doing this is these lists have a different
configuration setup than what's in a default list that's setup with the
standard configuration in mm_cfg.py

--
Kory Wheatley
Academic Computing Analyst Sr.

Search Discussions

  • Chris Cogdon at Sep 28, 2004 at 11:10 pm

    If you give a string to something that expects a list, it will often
    treat it as a 'list of single characters' rather than a 'list of
    strings'.

    --
    ("`-/")_.-'"``-._ Chris Cogdon <chris at cogdon.org>
    . . `; -._ )-;-,_`)
[...]

    accept_these_nonmembers is held as a Python list not a string. You may
    want to say:

    mlist.accept_these_nonmembers.append("root at mm.isu.edu")

    or, if you do not want to preserve the prior list content:

    mlist.accept_these_nonmembers = ["root at mm.isu.edu"]

    or, you want to add the address only if it is not already in the list:

    if not "root at mm.isu.edu" in mlist.accept_these_nonmembers:
    mlist.accept_these_nonmembers.append("root at mm.isu.edu")
    print ' Default Member Moderation After: ',
    mlist.default_member_moderation
    print ' Accepted Non Members After: ',
    mlist.accept_these_nonmembers
    mlist.Save()

    The reason why I'm doing this is these lists have a different
    configuration setup than what's in a default list that's setup with the
    standard configuration in mm_cfg.py

    --
    Kory Wheatley
    Academic Computing Analyst Sr.