Hello all!

I'm using Mailman as my org's listserv. I didn't set it up, so I'm a bit lost with this error message. I get the error when I click on the Overview of all lists link at the bottom of the page. I need to add some more lists but I can't because I now get this message. I am using a hosting service, so I don't have a lot of acces to the nuts and bolts of the server and services.

Thanks!
Jen

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.5
We're sorry, we hit a bug!
If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what happened. Thanks! Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main main() File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py", line 42, in main listinfo_overview() File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py", line 87, in listinfo_overview mlist = MailList.MailList(name, lock=0) File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 128, in __init__ self.Load() File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 629, in Load self.CheckVersion(dict) File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 671, in CheckVersion self.InitVars() File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 372, in InitVars baseclass.InitVars(self) File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py", line 111, in InitVars fp = open(indexfile)IOError: [Errno 40] Too many levels of symbolic links:
'/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/announcements_isf.waglo.com/index.html'

--------------------
When choosing between two evils I always like to take the one I've never tried before. -Mae West

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Sep 24, 2004 at 8:01 pm

    Jennifer Dostal wrote:
    I'm using Mailman as my org's listserv. I didn't set it up, so I'm a bit lost with this error message. I get the error when I click on the Overview of all lists link at the bottom of the page. I need to add some more lists but I can't because I now get this message. I am using a hosting service, so I don't have a lot of acces to the nuts and bolts of the server and services.
    It seems that the hosting service is in turn using CPanel. You need to
    take this up with the hosting service and/or CPanel. See the FAQ entry
    at http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.011.htp

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedSep 24, '04 at 6:07p
activeSep 24, '04 at 8:01p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Jennifer Dostal: 1 post