Greetings,

I've got an active list (therefore can't really test things anymore) and
I've got a couple problems.

One:

When people reply to postings, the reply goes to both an explicit email
(info at domain.com) and to the list posting address (name-list at domain.com).

and Two:

Messages sent to the list are not being rejected. Someone replied to the
last announcement and it went to everyone. This should be an announcement
only list.

How can I ensure that ONLY the following can happen?

1) ONLY the explicit reply to address is included in the announcements.

2) ONLY a few authorized addresses can send to the list?

Huge Thanks in Advance,

Fred

Search Discussions

  • Judy Petersen at Sep 23, 2004 at 6:34 pm
    It appears that two of our list members are suddenly receiving their digests
    in MIME format. I read a message about it that suggested AOL was doing this
    and the user has an AOL address so I referred her. Seems AOL says they don't
    cause any changes to these emails (what I expected them to say).

    Anyway, is anyone familiar with this, what the problem is and the solution?

    Judy Petersen
    "Blessed are the young, for they will inherit the national debt." Herbert
    Clark Hoover (1874-1964), 31st US President
  • Mark Sapiro at Sep 24, 2004 at 4:49 am

    Judy Petersen wrote:
    It appears that two of our list members are suddenly receiving their digests
    in MIME format. I read a message about it that suggested AOL was doing this
    and the user has an AOL address so I referred her. Seems AOL says they don't
    cause any changes to these emails (what I expected them to say).

    Anyway, is anyone familiar with this, what the problem is and the solution?
    It is a subscriber option to receive digests in MIME format with each
    message in a separate part. On the membership list pages, it is the
    "plain" box - unchecked = MIME format digests.

    On the user's options page it is "Get MIME or Plain Text Digests?"

    The default for new subscribers in on the Digest options page.

  • Brad Knowles at Sep 24, 2004 at 1:29 am