Thanks
Bob

---------------------
E-Mail: mailto:bob at w2ras.com
Computers, Theater Organs, Geocaching, Ham radio, Hydroponics, Weaver, and
Dreamer

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Sep 12, 2004 at 11:07 pm

    Bob Branch wrote:
    I have my privacy options set at "Confirm and approve" on version 2.1.5.
    The problem is:
    After a new member replies to the confirmation message, they get another email
    requesting that they go to an address that is the "Members Moderator
    Authentication" screen, and it asks them for the Moderators password.
    I have searched the archives and FAQ for any information on what is wrong but
    found nothing.
    Any ideas what I have set wrong.
    Are you sure that the second message is going to the subscriber? There
    should be a second message as you describe, but it should go to the
    owner or moderator of the list, not to the potential subscriber. When
    you set "Confirm and approve" the subscription request must first be
    confirmed by the subscriber and then approved by the owner or
    moderator.

    Perhaps you are testing and the mail to the owner/moderator is ending
    up at the same place as mail to the subscriber.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedSep 12, '04 at 10:36p
activeSep 12, '04 at 11:07p