I am having troubles with the archives displaying for
the month of August. When I run arch in the bin
directory everything shows up working great. Do I
need to setup a cron job to do this for me or should
this automatically work by default.

Thanks in advance
Jared

http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Aug 23, 2004 at 11:20 pm

    Jared Nyland wrote:
    I am having troubles with the archives displaying for
    the month of August. When I run arch in the bin
    directory everything shows up working great. Do I
    need to setup a cron job to do this for me or should
    this automatically work by default.
    bin/arch is only intended for importing archives from elsewhere or
    rebuilding the archive from scratch (--wipe option). It is not
    normally required for day to day archive maintenance.

    Presumably at least part of archiving is working since you have a file
    for bin/arch to work from (<listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox or ?).

    Also, at this point your <listname>/2004-August/ directory exists even
    if it was bin/arch that created it. Do messages (nnnnnn.html) get
    added? Do the author, date, subject and thread .html files get updated?
    How about the <listname>/2004-August.txt?

    Maybe it's a permission issue?

  • Jared Nyland at Aug 24, 2004 at 8:55 pm
    In trouble shooting this issue a little bit more. It
    looks like the lists that I had to move from one
    server to another the archives are not working
    correctly. If I create a new list on the new server
    everything seems to work just fine.

    Is there a step I forgot when migrating lists over to
    a new server for archives to work?

    Thanks again
    Jared

    --
    Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> The highway is
    for gamblers,

    http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
  • Mark Sapiro at Aug 25, 2004 at 3:13 am

    Jared Nyland wrote:
    In trouble shooting this issue a little bit more. It
    looks like the lists that I had to move from one
    server to another the archives are not working
    correctly. If I create a new list on the new server
    everything seems to work just fine.

    Is there a step I forgot when migrating lists over to
    a new server for archives to work?
    Maybe.

    Have you tried running bin/check_perms ?

  • Adam Steer at Aug 25, 2004 at 4:29 am
    If check_perms works fine, then look at permissions where your mbox
    files live.

    If they're all good, then try using the '--wipe' option when rebuilding
    archives:

    /[path.to]/mailman/bin/arch --wipe [list]
    /[path.to]/mailman/archives/private/[list].mbox/[list].mbox

    ...a bit of a clean up before reinstating archives was necessary last
    time we moved MM around.

    cheers
    .a

    --
    Adam Steer
    Web publishing officer
    In trouble shooting this issue a little bit more. It
    looks like the lists that I had to move from one
    server to another the archives are not working
    correctly. If I create a new list on the new server
    everything seems to work just fine.

    Is there a step I forgot when migrating lists over to
    a new server for archives to work?
    Maybe.

    Have you tried running bin/check_perms ?

    Searchable Archives:
  • Jared Nyland at Aug 27, 2004 at 5:36 am
    Adam
    The --wipe command did the trick

    Thanks for the help
    Jared

    Jared Nyland wrote:
    In trouble shooting this issue a little bit more. It
    looks like the lists that I had to move from one
    server to another the archives are not working
    correctly. If I create a new list on the new server
    everything seems to work just fine.

    Is there a step I forgot when migrating lists over to
    a new server for archives to work?
    Maybe.

    Have you tried running bin/check_perms ?

    --
    Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> The highway is
    for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use
    your sense - B. Dylan

    Mailman FAQ:
    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py
    Searchable Archives: