I've noticed a small problem... If I enter a "Welcome to the list message"
in welcome_msg that includes international characters like our Swedish ? ? ?
? ? ? then the e-mail sent to list user contains encoded characters like
ä and å

Can this be prevented?

Anders Norrbring

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Aug 12, 2004 at 3:31 pm

    I've noticed a small problem... If I enter a "Welcome to the list message"
    in welcome_msg that includes international characters like our Swedish ? ? ?
    ? ? ? then the e-mail sent to list user contains encoded characters like
    ä and å

    Can this be prevented?
    Your MUA is probably generating an MIME/HTML-formatted message,
    which is then probably being converted to plain text by Mailman.
    This is related to the MIME formatting issue discussed in
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp>.

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  • Anders Norrbring at Aug 12, 2004 at 9:23 pm