I recently took an evolution mbox file, and turned it into a mailman
archive. But when people submit e-mails to the mail list, the html
archive page does not get updated. Other mail lists I have on this
system are updating properly. I noticed in the
~/mailman/archives/privated directory, this evolution mbox I converted
has a directory ("general"), but there's not corresponding
"general.mbox" directory, is that the problem? Permissions on this
general folder are set to 2775, and it's owned by user/group of
mailman/mailman. In the administrative interface for the site,
archiving is enabled in a public source, and set to monthly for archive
volume frequency. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 30, 2004 at 4:14 pm
    Michael Lee
    But when people submit e-mails to the mail list, the html
    archive page does not get updated. Other mail lists I have on this
    system are updating properly. I noticed in the
    ~/mailman/archives/privated directory, this evolution mbox I converted
    has a directory ("general"), but there's not corresponding
    "general.mbox" directory, is that the problem? Permissions on this
    general folder are set to 2775, and it's owned by user/group of
    mailman/mailman. In the administrative interface for the site,
    archiving is enabled in a public source, and set to monthly for archive
    volume frequency. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I had the same problem with Mailman 2.1.4 with a list created via the
    web interface with a public archive. You should be seeing messages
    similar to

    Apr 17 18:13:10 2004 (2242) Archive file access failure:
    /www/grizz/mailman/archives/private/wed_ride.mbox/wed_ride.mbox
    [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
    '/www/grizz/mailman/archives/private/wed_ride.mbox/wed_ride.mbox'

    in your error log.

    If I recall correctly, we created the archives/private/listname.mbox/
    directory by hand with appropriate owner/group/permissions. After
    that, bin/unshunt should get things going.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 30, '04 at 3:34p
activeJul 30, '04 at 4:14p