When sending to any of the lists on my server, I get the following
error message via email:

The Postfix program

<testlist at test.com>: Command died with status 8:
"/Users/mailman/mail/mailman post testlist". Command output:
Failure to
find group name nobody. Try adding this group to your system, or
re-run
configure, providing an existing group name with the command line
option
--with-mail-gid.

When I initially configured Mailman I ran:

./configure --prefix=/Users/mailman --with-mail-gid=-2
--with-cgi-gid=www

I tried creating a group called nobody and that did not help things.
Do I need to start the whole process over with a "valid" group?
Found nothing about this in the archives or the FAQ that seemed related.

Thanks.

Search Discussions

  • Yogesh Subhash Talekar at Jul 27, 2004 at 4:02 pm
    find out what user and group your mail server MTA is running with.
    If its nobody then you should give command:
    ./configure --prefix=/Users/mailman --with-mail-gid=nobody --with-cgi-gid=www

    If its postfix use this:
    ./configure --prefix=/Users/mailman --with-mail-gid=postfix
    --with-cgi-gid=www

    that's it !

    --yogesh

[...]

    Searchable Archives:

    --yogesh

    One RAID to backup them all, one RAID to find them, one RAID to bring them
    all and in the darkness bind them.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 27, '04 at 2:16p