mailman 2.1.4-5
debian sarge

postfix (or sendmail)

initial mail queues to the daemon ok and then goes into the qfiles
directory, but then mailman qrunner processes it and I get this:

Jun 23 17:08:05 2004 (19334) Low level smtp error: (-2, 'Name or service
not known'), msgid:
<mailman.0.1088024883.19332.kerry-tech at potomacalliance.us>
Jun 23 17:08:05 2004 (19334) delivery to root at potomacalliance.us failed
with code -1: (-2, 'Name or service not known')

I've tried postfix and I've tried sendmail. Both give me the same
message. Has anybody seen this before?

I've never had this issue with an apt-get install mailman in the past.
Strange.

non-mailman mail goes to and from the domain just fine, so it does
not appear to be a smtp (postfix|sendmail) configuration issue.

Doug

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Jun 25, 2004 at 2:55 pm