Mailman Users:

When running check_db -av I get an error on some lists "[Errno 2] No such
file or directory: '/var/mailman/lists/listname/config.db.last'. Some of my
lists have a number of files in their directories and some have only two
(config.pck and config.pck.last). Is this a problem and what can be done to
correct it? Also is it safe to tar up the entire mailman directory while
mailman and the MTAand the HTTP servers are running?

Bruce Embrey

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Jun 1, 2004 at 2:32 pm

    When running check_db -av I get an error on some lists "[Errno 2] No such
    file or directory: '/var/mailman/lists/listname/config.db.last'. Some of my
    lists have a number of files in their directories and some have only two
    (config.pck and config.pck.last). Is this a problem and what can be done to
    correct it?
    IIRC, config.db was used by Mailman 2.0.x, while config.pck is
    used by Mailman 2.1.x. You're not trying to mix these two versions
    on the same sets of files are you?!?
    Also is it safe to tar up the entire mailman directory while
    mailman and the MTAand the HTTP servers are running?
    No. It is not. You need to stop both of them before you start
    moving things around or using tools like tar.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 30, '04 at 5:48a
activeJun 1, '04 at 2:32p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Bruce Embrey: 1 post Brad Knowles: 1 post