After upgrading to Suse 9.1 I have the following problem:

I set all the GID values to the values I had before (65533). When I
create a new list via the web interface it wants to have a gid 67 (the
actual gid of the mailman user).

So I seem to have lists that require different gids. How can I setup
mailman so that it creates 65533 mail lists or how can I change the
existing lists into 67 ones?

I read the FAQ but the things do not make sense. Since I seem to need
two gids setting the id to either one does not help.

I use postfix and used rpms to install everything.

Thanks for help and greetings

Stefan

--
Stefan M?ller

Universit?t Bremen/Fachbereich 10 Tel: (+49) (+421) 218-8601
Postfach 33 04 40
D-28334 Bremen

http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/~stefan/

http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/~stefan/Babel/Interaktiv/

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at May 24, 2004 at 11:36 am

    I set all the GID values to the values I had before (65533). When I
    create a new list via the web interface it wants to have a gid 67 (the
    actual gid of the mailman user).
    Yup. This is normal.
    So I seem to have lists that require different gids. How can I setup
    mailman so that it creates 65533 mail lists or how can I change the
    existing lists into 67 ones?
    See
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.004.htp>
    and
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.001.htp>.
    I read the FAQ but the things do not make sense. Since I seem to need two
    gids setting the id to either one does not help.

    I use postfix and used rpms to install everything.
    Therein lies the problem. The RPMs are not set up to use the
    GIDs which you are used to using. You either need to get different
    RPMs that are configured the way you expect, or rebuild from the
    original source code.

    It sounds like this is another issue that needs to go into the FAQ.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 24, '04 at 10:17a
activeMay 24, '04 at 11:36a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Brad Knowles: 1 post Stefan Müller: 1 post