I moved my lists from mailman 2.0.13 to 2.1.4
Everything seems to work fine and the handling of attachments in
archives in new created lists i nice.

But i goes wrong for all the lists i moved from the old installation.
The url to the attachments in the archives is wrong.

It uses the DEFAULT_URL_HOST defined in Default.py which is the same as
the DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST.
It should use the DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST or DEFAULT_URL_HOST as they are
defined in the mm_cfg.py

The url is correct in lists created under the new mailman installation.
Is there a way to correct it for the moved lists too?

We use Exim 4.24 and apache 1.3.20 on solaris.

regards
Barbara

Barbara B. Johansen
Det Humanistiske Fakultets EDB-kontor
Aalborg Universitet
Kroghstraede 3
DK 9220 Aalborg

Search Discussions

  • Richard Barrett at May 13, 2004 at 9:38 am
    I moved my lists from mailman 2.0.13 to 2.1.4
    Everything seems to work fine and the handling of attachments in
    archives in new created lists i nice.

    But i goes wrong for all the lists i moved from the old installation.
    The url to the attachments in the archives is wrong.

    It uses the DEFAULT_URL_HOST defined in Default.py which is the same as
    the DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST.
    It should use the DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST or DEFAULT_URL_HOST as they are
    defined in the mm_cfg.py

    The url is correct in lists created under the new mailman installation.
    Is there a way to correct it for the moved lists too?
    Use bin/fix_url.py

    Not that you will probably have to use bin/arch --wipe to rebuild the
    archives with the defective URLs after using fix_url

    This FAQ entry may also help:

    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp

    We use Exim 4.24 and apache 1.3.20 on solaris.

    regards
    Barbara

    Barbara B. Johansen
    Det Humanistiske Fakultets EDB-kontor