I would like to customize the pipeline for a list so that it appends
some special footers to posts (requires scripting to compute). I'm
using MailMan v2.1.3. I'm not actually the admin of the Mailman server,
so I'd like the necessary changes to be as unobtrustive and specific to
the list in question as possible.

According to Mailman/Defaults.py, I can specify a pipeline attribute for
a list. I attempted this by creating a file containing a pipeline
specification:

pipeline = [
# These are the modules that do tasks common to all delivery paths.
'SpamDetect',
'Approve',
'Acknowledge',
'ToOutgoing',
]

And then tried config-list -i pipeline-file.py mylist
It reports `attribute "pipeline" ignored' because pipeline is not
already an attribute of the list.

What is the proper way to set the pipeline attribute (hopefully that
involves the least hacking of the standard Mailman scripts and commands).

Thanks,
Doug Rohde

Search Discussions

  • Jim Tittsler at May 16, 2004 at 7:40 am