Hello all. I am having some problems with a mailman list I am trying to
setup.

First let me tell you my configuration:

Xserve G4 10.3 Server

Mailman 2.1.2 (os x package-part of the server)

Everything is up to date - all patches and updates

What the people who want the list setup want is to have every post be
moderated, no matter what. I figured out how to do this simply enough.
They also want the moderator to receive emails whenever a post is submitted
so that they can approve it asap. I set a password different from the admin
password for the moderator, and supplied a moderator in the moderator field.
I turned on "Should the list moderators get immediate notice of new
requests, as well as daily notices about collected ones" to Yes, and to my
understanding, the moderator should get messages whenever I send a message
to the list. The posts are being send to the moderation que and await
moderation, but the moderator never gets an email saying there are requests
waiting. Is there something I'm missing, a bug in this version, or
something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Anthony.

Search Discussions

  • Roli Ko at May 16, 2004 at 10:40 am
    Hello,

    My question is, how mailman work?s? When i send a mail to the list - how
    many email?s are sent form the list to the receipt?s?
    For example: 100 list members -> is there sent one email to all members or
    an email to every member?

    i hope everybody understand my question because my english is not very good.

    cu Roland

  • Richard Barrett at May 16, 2004 at 12:20 pm