Hey,

I am having trouble having anything show up on my lists. I am receiving the
mails as forwarded by sendmail, all of the aliases are working. the mail
log has none of the typical gid problems. Everything looks like mail is
being sent out.

Looking at the system log file gate_news is being restarted by cron every
five minutes. I cannot find any cron processes running though when I
perform a ps -aux | grep cron except the deamon. None of my mailman logs
are being populated except the subscribe list.

My mm_cfg.py file appears to be empty but my Defaults.py contains what I
need it to. What am I missing?

I am using OS X 10.2.8, Python 2.2, and mailman 2.1.4

  • Jamie L. Penman-Smithson at Apr 24, 2004 at 3:08 pm

    On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 00:28:22 -0600, Space Coyote scribbled down:
    I am having trouble having anything show up on my lists. I am receiving
    the mails as forwarded by sendmail, all of the aliases are working. the
    mail log has none of the typical gid problems. Everything looks like mail
    is being sent out.
    Without any logs - nobody knows what's going on. Mailman logs quite
    comprehensively, so see if you can see the mail being sent out and
    received by the MTA having been processed by Mailman, see if the mail is
    actually getting accepted by Mailman.

    It'd help a great deal if you pinpoint exactly where the mail is getting
    held up.

    The following FAQ entries might help you:
    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all#1.7
    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all#3.14
    Looking at the system log file gate_news is being restarted by cron every
    five minutes. I cannot find any cron processes running though when I
    perform a ps -aux | grep cron except the deamon. None of my mailman logs
    are being populated except the subscribe list.
    I'm unsure as to what you mean by 'daemon', are Mailman's qrunner
    processes running?
    My mm_cfg.py file appears to be empty but my Defaults.py contains what I
    need it to. What am I missing?
    You should not use Defaults.py to configure Mailman, instead copy and
    paste what you need out of Defaults.py into your mm_cfg.py. The reason for
    this is that if you upgrade your version of Mailman, your site
    configuration will be completely and irreversibly overwritten.

    HTH

    - --
    - -jamie <jamie at silverdream.org> | spamtrap: spam at silverdream.org
    w: http://www.silverdream.org | p: sms at silverdream.org
    pgp key @ http://silverdream.org/~jps/pub.key
    15:30:01 up 4 days, 5:43, 12 users, load average: 1.00, 0.77, 0.67

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 23, '04 at 6:28a
activeApr 24, '04 at 3:08p