I get the following when trying to run mailman 2.1.4 with postfix. This
is a new installation and I'm obviously missing something on the
configuration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Con Wieland
UC Irvine

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
main()
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/create.py", line 55, in main
process_request(doc, cgidata)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/create.py", line 226, in
process_request
sys.modules[modname].create(mlist, cgi=1)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py", line 232, in create
_update_maps()
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py", line 53, in
_update_maps
raise RuntimeError, msg % (acmd, status, errstr)
RuntimeError: command failed: /usr/local/sbin/postalias
/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases (status: 1, Not owner)

Search Discussions

  • Luigi Rosa at Apr 18, 2004 at 5:11 am
    Hello Con,
    Saturday, April 17, 2004, 11:31:44 PM, you wrote:

    CW> I get the following when trying to run mailman 2.1.4 with postfix. This
    CW> is a new installation and I'm obviously missing something on the
    CW> configuration.

    Should be the owner/permission of /usr/local/mailman/data/aliases, mine is
    -rw-rw---- root mailman

    --
    Best regards,
    Luigi

    ls -l /usr/local/mailman/data/aliases
    -rw-rw---- 1 mailman 2792 Apr 17 23:05
    /usr/local/mailman/data/aliases

    con wieland
    On Saturday, April 17, 2004, at 10:11 PM, Luigi Rosa wrote:

    Hello Con,
    Saturday, April 17, 2004, 11:31:44 PM, you wrote:

    CW> I get the following when trying to run mailman 2.1.4 with postfix.
    This
    CW> is a new installation and I'm obviously missing something on the
    CW> configuration.

    Should be the owner/permission of /usr/local/mailman/data/aliases,
    mine is
    -rw-rw---- root mailman

    --
    Best regards,
    Luigi

    Searchable Archives:
  • Todd at Apr 18, 2004 at 6:23 am

    Con Wieland wrote:
    Thanks for the reply> I agree it looks like a permissions issue but:

    ls -l /usr/local/mailman/data/aliases
    -rw-rw---- 1 mailman 2792 Apr 17 23:05
    /usr/local/mailman/data/aliases
    See the FAQ. Searching for postalias yields this:

    6.9. I get a "RuntimeError: command failed: /usr/sbin/postalias" when
    creating lists and Postfix is my MTA

    - --
    Todd OpenPGP -> KeyID: 0xD654075A | URL: www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp
    I understand, as did our Founders, that the ultimate government
    "safety net" is a straightjacket.
    -- Jason Peterson
  • Con Wieland at Apr 18, 2004 at 2:20 pm
    I've seen the FAQ and I believe i have things configured correctly but
    I still get an error. The problem I suspect is I do not have a
    aliases.db file ( the aliases file is there) even though I run
    bin/genaliases. Where does this aliases.db get created?

    TIA
    con wieland