I'm in the process of converting over from mj1 to mm2 for my long-running
(11+ yrs) lists. I am hopeful this is my last question for a while. :)

My digests change volume number on an annual basis, but the issue number
changes with each digest. I'd like to know if there is some way to start my
new mm digests with the current issue number (currently in the hundreds for
both lists). It looks like I can manually create enough digests to
increment the number to where I want it, but this seems a very tedious
process

I've searched the archives and see that this has been asked once before, but
not answered.

I know how to change the digest number, I'm looking for an easy way to
change the issue number.

Thanks in advance!

- Paul -

Search Discussions

  • Paul M. Moriarty at Apr 16, 2004 at 5:54 pm

    Paul M. Moriarty writes:
    Hi,

    I'm in the process of converting over from mj1 to mm2 for my long-running
    (11+ yrs) lists. I am hopeful this is my last question for a while. :)

    My digests change volume number on an annual basis, but the issue number
    changes with each digest. I'd like to know if there is some way to start my
    new mm digests with the current issue number (currently in the hundreds for
    both lists). It looks like I can manually create enough digests to
    increment the number to where I want it, but this seems a very tedious
    process

    I've searched the archives and see that this has been asked once before, but
    not answered.

    I know how to change the digest number, I'm looking for an easy way to
    change the issue number.
    Another crude hack to set issue number.

    ~mailman/bin/config_list -o tempfile listname

    edit tempfile and add:

    next_digest_number = nnn # (where nnn = your next issue number)

    ~mailman/bin/config_list -i tempfile listname

    It will bitch about restoring a non-std value, but it will keep the issue
    number you added.

    - Paul -

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython